Friday, May 28, 2010

Just a little update

It has been a very long time since I've updated my post so I thought I'd give a little update since the last time I posted in August. I moved into my new townhouse and loving it. I found that I couldn't wait to get home from work. I have a small patio with a small amount of dirt so I've been trying to put my landscaping skills into practice and plant some perennials. I also have several pots working trying to make it look nice. I'm still going to school and doing pretty well. I achieved straight A's for two semesters and this past semester, 3 A's and an A-. I still have two years from fall semester before I graduate (2012), but there is a light now at the end of the tunnel.

Another update...on October 6th, 2009, I met a guy :) His name is Mike Evans. We have been dating for almost 8 months now. We are enjoying getting to know each other and I enjoy his company. He loves to fly fish, even ties his own flies and has a lab named Drake.



A couple of weeks ago I was announced the Employee of the Year for Regional Campuses and Distance Education. This was a great honor for me and was nice to be recognized for the work I do. My boss told me I won it "hands down." I had a lot of nice letters written about me for nomination.

Well there's a little update. I'm looking forward to summer and some nice weather. Hope everyone has a great summer.

4 comments:

Fonzareli said...

OH Jana! It sounds like you are doing amazing and so happy! I think about you often and wish you ONLY the best!

Lisa said...

Let's all just shove that big award in the face of someone who wasn't very nice to you back in receiving. :) Ha! Glad to see you happy. Cute man!

The Danimal said...

YAY!!!! love it Jana!

Shaw Family said...

Ya! I was excited to see an update! Sounds like life is treating you well and congrats on the award I know you deserved it!

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm having new life experiences every day.