Monday, March 9, 2009

The dental implant is in....




Everything went well with the implant. The dentist said he couldn't have been happier with the results. Now I will wait for six months as the post heals and fuses to the bone and then can get my crown put on. It was a bit painful at times, but I let the dentist know so he could hit me up with more novacaine. They punctured a hole in my gum like a cookie cutter, then drilled 3 times making the hole larger each time until he was able to screw the post in place. I've only had to take ibuprofen so far so that's a good thing. Hope no one gets grossed out by the pics. :)


7 comments:

Fonzareli said...

Glad to hear things went well. I wish I were closer to give you a nice squishy bowl of pudding deliciousness or something. Take care!

Anthony said...

Any dental procedure that requires wearing safety glasses cant be good. Glad things went well.

The Danimal said...

THAT IS RAD!

YOU ARE SO BADASS!

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

Cool Jana! I have also had an implant. Some of my jaw bone was gone so they had to do a bone graft. Anyway, hope things continue to go well.

DJ and Kristin said...

This post makes me ill, seriously I almost threw up! What the.. the blood on your little napkin thing..GLad all is well ya sicko!

DJ and Kristin said...

Oh yeah another question?? Are those the only implants you will be getting?

Jenny said...

I remember you flipping your flipper at me on the school bus! yeah for implants, sooo sorry that you will be sore for a while. Implants are not a minor dental visit!

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm having new life experiences every day.