Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Drive-in movie

There are few things you learn to do on your own living the single life. One of them is not going to a drive-in movie by yourself. Last Saturday night a married couple invited me to go to the drive-in movie with them and their two children. I thought hey, I might as well, what else do I have going on. My friends told me which movies they were would be attending with the children and to meet them at 8:00pm. Of course I am on time and pick the perfect spot, I kick the seat back a bit and enjoy listening to music as I wait. A few minutes later I get a call from my friend saying that they will not be coming. Panic sets in! What am I do to at a drive in by myself? I called a few friends, called my mom, and talked myself into staying for at least the first movie. First movie, Nim's Island. Not such a hot movie. Second movie, Horton Hears a Who. Well as the night went on, I decided that maybe this wasn't such a bad thing. It was kind of nice to be alone in your car, having control of the sound. My only advice would be to pack extra food. :)

4 comments:

DJ and Kristin said...

Jana I was just about to call you and tell ya to update your blog!!! I am sure you have wonderful pictures from that last trip I should see. But you kill me this is a great story! You should have called me I REALLY want to see Horton hears a Who.

Fonzareli said...

Ok. listen here! I know I don't stay in touch like I should but please, please please listen to me and be careful! Thanks for the address to your blog. Now I can check in on you and make sure no "donkey" hole has hurt you. CREEPS!
P.S. How was Horton? Dixon wants to see it but I'm not much of a cartoon fan

Selena-Lynn said...

i really think you are a criminal magnent. no offense. i dont know you i think but i was exploring angies blog and came up with yours. i like your blog.


stacie esplin

Cati said...

Hey who were the Jerks that stood you up?? I would kick them in the gut if I were you... and yes I bet it was nice to be alone and in control of something.. I wonder how that feels... uhmm all I hear now days is... Mommy can you wipe my bum I pooped!!!!
Anyways.. maybe we should head to the Drive in before the year is over...!!!! what do you say?

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm having new life experiences every day.