Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life in the Big City Part 1



Some of you may have known about my traumatic experience on February 9th, 2008. At 12:30am, I was laying on the couch, snuggled up in a blanket watching tv when I heard a lot of commotion outside. After listening to it for a few minutes, I got up and looked out my front window. When looking out I noticed a man standing on the sidewalk in front of my window. Just as I pulled away from window, a loud crash of glass came into my condo. I began screaming and asking the guy who he was looking for. He wasn't saying much and continued to break my windows. I immediately called 911 where I tried to compose myself to give them the details of my emergency. As I was speaking to the 911 gentleman, the suspect went around to the other side of my condo and continued to break those windows out as well. The 911 guy, for my safety, told me to go into the bathroom and lock the door. I wasn't sure if the suspect was coming in or not. Soon enough, the police showed up and began asking me questions. As the police officer was here, they located the suspect and arrested and charged with criminal mischief. He had broken out 3 of the 4 windows at my condo and several others surrounding me. I am lucky to have such great friends Andree' and Joe who immediately came over and helped me clean up glass and cardboard my windows. It was very terrifying. It will haunt me for quite some time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm having new life experiences every day.